join us on the water
Bylaws and Policy Documents
Learn-to-Row Class: No refunds will be offered within 48 hours of the start date/time.
Regular Programming: If you have paid and are activated in your program, we will provide a refund for cancellations prior to the beginning of the program, with a $50 administrative fee, which will be deducted from your refund.
After the start of a program, no refunds are given.*
*Medical cases or emergencies will be dealt with on a case-by-case basis, by HRC’s Programs Director.
Code of Conduct
For your safety and safety of others, all rowers need to abide by the Code of Conduct, included on the HRC Waiver Form you will sign during registration.
Cold Water Policy
The months of November through May shall be designated as Cold Water Months. If the water temperature falls below 10°C outside of this time frame, the Cold Water Policy will come into effect.
When the Cold Water Policy is in effect;
- HRC members can only row when a safety boat is on the water – this applies to rowers using club or privately owned shells.
- No rower may leave the dock until the safety boat is operational. (motor attached and working with all safety gear on board)
- All rowing shells must stay within 500 meters of the coach boat or the boathouse.
- Rowers are required to travel as a group.
- These requirements may be waived at the discretion of the Club Safety Officer or the Head Coach if the measured water temperatures in the Arm are higher than 10°C and other conditions are satisfactory.
Cold Water Boot Camp shows what really happens when people fall into cold water.
Low Light Policy
Before sunrise and one-half hour before sunset, rowers and coaches must have the appropriate running lights operational and visible.
Visiting Rower Policy
All visiting rowers please read, complete, and abide by the visiting rower policy.